dactylic adj : of or consisting of dactyls; "dactylic meter"
- a dactylic verse.
Dactyl may mean:
- Dactyl, a creature in Greek mythology.
- Pterodactyl, a flying reptile from the Triassic to Cretaceous Period
- Dactyl, a metrical foot consisting of one long syllable and two short as in "Catherine." (Derived from the Greek word for finger, as a finger has one long segment and two shorter ones.)
- Dactyl, the small natural satellite orbiting the asteroid Ida.
- Finger, in medical terminology, from the Greek δάκτυλος.
dactylic in Bulgarian: Дактил
dactylic in German: Dactyl
dactylic in Spanish: Dáctilo
dactylic in French: Dactyle
dactylic in Low German: Dactyl